Summer Scholarships For A Study Trip In Turkey , 22.06.2016
• The Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the Republic of Turkey will offer short summer scholarships for a study trip for successful and motivated graduate students (MA, MPhil, PhD, etc.) interested in Ottoman and Turkish studies.
• The aim of the project is to provide wide-ranging first hand information on Turkey, its culture, history and politics; and to promote social and academic exchanges among the participants and their Turkish counterparts.
• Applicants to the study trip must be graduate students in Turcology, History, Political Science, International Relations, Sociology, Journalism, Law or Public Administration.
• This year’s scholarship programme is open to students from the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Romania, Russian Federation, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, USA.
• All travel and accommodation expenses of the study trip will be covered by the Turkish Ministry of Culture and Tourism.
• The programme will include 30 participants.
• The programme, excursions and discussions will be in English.
• Participants of the study trip will be required to arrive in Turkey on 23 August 2016 and fully participate in the programme that ends on 1 September 2016. (Draft programme is enclosed.)
• Following the visit, participants will be requested to provide an evaluation paper by 26 September 2016 on the programme and their perception of Turkey.
• Applications will be made to the Turkish Embassy in Ottawa, by email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Applicants will be requested to provide a CV, motivation letter in English and transcripts.
• The deadline for applications is 5 July 2016.
PROGRAMME SUMMER SCHOLARSHIPS FOR A STUDY TRIP IN TURKEY
(23 AUGUST-01 SEPTEMBER 2016)
Day 1 / 23 August, Tuesday (Istanbul)
Arrival in Istanbul and transfer to the hotel.
Dinner at the hotel.
Day 2 / 24 August, Wednesday (Istanbul)
Departure from the hotel
Visit to Topkapı Palace
Visit to Sultanahmet Mosque
Visit to Hagia Sophia Museum guided by an expert.
Visit to the Basilica Cistern
Visit to Dolmabahce Palace
Boat tour to Beylerbeyi Palace
Dinner: Boat Tour
Day 3 / 25 August, Thursday (Istanbul)
Lecture by the Culinary Arts Center (YESAM) on the “Turkish Cuisine”
Visit to the Archaeological Museum
Visit to the Grand Bazaar
Lecture: “Ottoman & Byzantine Art”.
Day 4 / 26 August, Friday (Istanbul – Ankara)
Morning flight to Ankara
Briefing at the Ministry Of Foreign Affairs.
Lecture at the Museum of Anatolian Civilizations.
Visit to the Museum of Anatolian Civilizations.
Day 5 / 27 August, Saturday (Antalya)
Morning flight to Antalya
Visit to Perge & Aspendos
Lecture at the Antalya Museum: “History of Anatolia”
Visit to the Antalya Museum
Drive to Ovacık.
Dinner and overnight at Ovacık (Mountain Hotel)
Day 6 / 28 August, Sunday (Cirali)
Lycian way walk: Tahtali Mountain down to Chimera.
Dinner and overnight at Çıralı.
Day 7 / 29 August, Monday (Elmalı)
Visit to Olympos
Drive to Limyra.
Visit to Limyra with Prof Zeynep Kuban.
Lunch at the Excavation house (if possible)
Visit to Arykanda with Prof. Macit Tekinalp and walk from Arykanda to Rock-cut tombs.
Dinner and overnight at Elmalı.
Day 8 / 30 August, Tuesday (Kekova)
Visit to Beyler village, the Lycian Wooden Storehouses.
Visit to Hacı Musalar Hoyuk and lecture on Bronz Age Lycia from Prof. İlknur Özgen
Lycian way: walk the Dokuzgol Historical Cedar Forests.
Drive to Kekova.
Dinner and overnight at Kekova.
Day 9 / 31 August, Wednesday (Fethiye)
Sea – kayak sunken ruins of Kekova.
Drive to Yediburunlar
Lycian way: Walk from Yediburunlar to Faralya.
Drive to Fethiye.
Dinner and overnight at Fethiye.
Day 10 /01 September, Thursday (Departure)
Transfer to Dalaman Airport for international flights.